Pendula is a Retention Delivery Platform empowering brands to shift their customer communications from broadcast to conversation. We allow everyday users to create two-way conversations with their customers using drag and drop functionality, without the need for any developer experience. We’re here to be at the heart of every customer conversation, and create value for businesses all over the world who struggle to manage their customer journey consistently at scale.
We’re passionate about our product and customers and everything we do is underpinned with integrity: we don’t rip people off, take shortcuts and we only make good products that people need.
Which also sums up how we treat each other. On top of all of that, we’re a bunch of lovely humans who listen and support each other and our customers. We treat everyone as equals and communicate our shared vision regularly.
As a Pendula Data Performance Analyst, your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing.
The role sits in our Business Improvement team, reporting into the CFO.
This person will work with Salesforce and Domo, generating and providing insights and analysis of data across all areas of the business including finance, commercial, customer and marketing.
If you like working in a busy, quirky environment where the well-being of the company comes first, this might be the thing for you.
To succeed in this role, you should be naturally analytical and comfortable explaining data-driven concepts to non-technical users. You will need to have solid CRM and Business Intelligence skills (we use Salesforce and Domo) and a quest to bring insights and value to one of Australia’s fastest growing start-ups.
In addition you should have
- Three to five years related work experience in a similar role
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualisation techniques and tools
- Working knowledge of SQL and data wrangling experience
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning, organising, and managing resources
- Strong grasp of financial and commercial metrics across SaaS businesses
- Able to exercise independent judgement and take action on it
- Excellent critical analytical skills
- Comfortable with statistical analysis
- Experience collaborating with others to deliver exceptional work and outcomes
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modelling, verification, and methodology development
- Ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels in our organisation, including executive and C-level
- Strong understanding with CRM software
- Enjoy being hands on, and diving deep into new data sets
- Have the ability to think strategically and also tactically when tackling new problems
- Comfortable working in an ever changing environment
- Self motivated and excited to learn
- Takes pride in getting things done
We know great office banter can only go so far. We love our people, and our people love working here, but benefits help!