Senior Frontend Engineer
Pendula is a Retention Delivery Platform empowering brands to shift their customer communications from broadcast to conversation. We allow everyday users to create two-way conversations with their customers using drag and drop functionality, without the need for any developer experience. We’re here to be at the heart of every customer conversation, and create value for businesses all over the world who struggle to manage their customer journey consistently at scale.
We’re passionate about our product and customers and everything we do is underpinned with integrity: we don’t rip people off, take shortcuts and we only make good products that people need.
Which also sums up how we treat each other. On top of all of that, we’re a bunch of lovely humans who listen and support each other and our customers. We treat everyone as equals and communicate our shared vision regularly.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team in Fortitude Valley. We have a small engineering team (there's less than 10 of us) so you'll have the opportunity to make significant contributions to the development of our platform.
- You really dig web tech. You’ve been in the web technology sector for a while and you like it. Stuff that runs in a browser is what floats your boat.
- You’re driven. You’ve got superior organisational skills and you’re great at following through on tasks. Your integrity shines like a sunbeam.
- You’re most of the below. But not necessarily all of them. You like to learn, and
you pick up new things quickly.
What you'll do
If you like working in a busy, quirky environment where the well-being of the company comes first, this might be the thing for you.
- Build, maintain and help support the Pendula platform
- Be involved in architectural and technical design and help us build for scale
- Work with our product manager to make sure what we build adds value for our
- Perform code review
- Write tests
- Mentor junior developers
- Participate in our Scrum process
What you'll have
- 5+ years experience in hands on development within a SaaS, product, or platform
- Strong proficiency with React, TypeScript and NodeJS
- Proficiency with GraphQL
- Proficiency with Git
Some things we'd love
- Exposure to Material UI
- Exposure to Testing Library
- Understanding of relational databases
- Interest in Functional Programming
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
We know great office banter can only go so far. We love our people, and our people love working here, but benefits help!
- Competitive salary, including share options.
- Dedicated monthly training budget for you to use for your own growth and improvement, plus company-wide training and development.
- Access to discounted cinema, groceries and a wide range of lifestyle experiences.
- Support with mental, physical and financial health and wellbeing.
- A hybrid working model that supports both home and office work.
- Centralised office based out of Surry Hills
Does this sound like you?