Open Position: Designer
How to apply: Send your portfolio, CV and cover letter to email@example.com
An exciting opportunity 🚀
We’re looking for a talented graphic designer to join our team as we rapidly evolve our product offering and take our brand to new frontiers. You will have the opportunity to design solutions with all parts of the business from sales & marketing, to product & engineering, and ensure Pendula is both beautiful and useful for our business customers.
You’ll be part of our growing Product & Design team, while interacting heavily with the whole business daily. You’ll be responsible for a broad remit of delivering both marketing & sales collateral and UX/UI solutions for the product. This is an incredible opportunity for a designer to hone a range of skills in an exciting industry. You’ll work fast and learn heaps!
More about you
- You have been in agency-land or freelancing for a few years and are looking for a change of scenery with new challenges, OR you’ve worked in an internal design team before and love going deep on one brand or product.
- We’re a lean team, so you’re prepared to wear a few hats and get outside your comfort zone, developing a broad range of skills while deepening your design practice.
- You love collaborating with smart people in a fast-paced start-up and know that team success belongs to everyone.
- You are able to build a deep understanding and a high degree of empathy for other people’s problems.
- You have a passion for branding and how a brand interacts with people across myriad touchpoints.
What you’ll do
- Be part of a growing startup and get the opportunity to flex your design muscles and contribute directly to the progression of the product. The products you make will be delivered to real business users, and you can enjoy watching them benefit from your own research, strategy, design and refinement.
- Design and deliver targeted brand collateral to support the sales and marketing team.
- Partner with engineers to spec and deliver critical product features.
- Together with your manager, design and run workshops with both external users and internal stakeholders. Build on your UX skills by interviewing users and investigating their problems (including those they didn’t even know they had yet) and turning those insights into product innovation.
- Experience career growth and personal development with mentorship and development programs.
The skills you’ll need
- 3+ years relevant design experience, ideally across a range of projects including print and digital.
- Highly competent using design software including Figma, Sketch and Adobe CC.
- Creative problem-solver who can iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows and translate those into beautiful high-fidelity designs.
- Experience with or are willing to learn about organising print for both standard collateral and specialised experiential installations and graphics.
- Excellent typography and layout skills, and attention to detail.
- Able to clearly communicate design work with a solid rationale that uses research and data.
- Able to understand and follow a design system, and challenge and contribute to it when necessary.
- Competence at each stage of the iterative design cycle including research, design, prototyping, refinement and review.
Bonus points 💥
- Interest in photography and/or illustration.
- Interest in motion graphics and experience using After Effects and/or Premiere Pro (or similar).
- Experience with copywriting – either freeform or based on a brief.
Does this sound like you? Send your portfolio, CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pendula is empowering brands to shift their customer communications from broadcast to conversation. We allow everyday users to create two-way conversations with their customers using drag & drop functionality, without the need for any developer experience.
Pendula is here to be the heart of every customer conversation and create value for businesses all over the world who struggle to manage their customer journey consistently at scale.
Pendula is looking for our first UX researcher to be responsible for designing and conducting user research in Pendula. As one of the early members of our product team, this is an exciting opportunity to have an outsize influence on product design at Pendula, and work with our Head of Product to cement user-centred research as a core element of our product growth strategy.
Pendula are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Pendula will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Pendula.