Open Position: Head of Finance
How to apply: Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Pendula is empowering brands to shift their customer communications from broadcast to conversation. We allow everyday users to create two-way conversations with their customers using drag & drop functionality, without the need for any developer experience.
Pendula is here to be the heart of every customer conversation and create value for businesses all over the world who struggle to manage their customer journey consistently at scale.
- You really dig web tech. You’ve been in the web technology sector for a while and you like it. Stuff that runs in a browser is what floats your boat.
- You’re driven. You’ve got superior organisational skills and you’re great at following through on tasks. Your integrity shines like a sunbeam.
- You’re most of the below. But not necessarily all of them. You like to learn and you pick up new things quickly.
As Head of Finance, you will lead and own the execution of the overall financial responsibility for Pendula, with particular focus on delivering against financial performance targets. You will constantly wear a commercial hat to ensure we are steering Pendula in the right direction for the right reasons.
Core elements include:
- Corporate Financial Strategy
- Financial Control:
- Management & Board Reporting
- Statutory Reporting
- Financial Governance & Policy
- Tax matters, including management of outsource provider
- Treasury and cash management
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Planning
- Finance Systems
- Transaction Services:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Fixed Assets & Project Accounting
- Tax Processing
- R&D Tax Refund management
- Special Projects including Pricing Analysis and Business Performance
What you’ll do
- Provide support for the CEO, Executive Directors and the Board in all matters relating to finance.
- Define corporate financial strategy and manage financial capital.
- Communicate capital requirements and financial implications of business decisions to the CEO and Board.
- Grow equity value through sustainable financial decisions and identification of areas for increased profitability.
- Support the CEO in managing relationships with shareholders and other financiers, ensuring the company’s short-and-long-term financing requirements are met.
- Structure and assist CEO in negotiating business deals and contracts.
- Responsible for delivery of the financial reporting and compliance of the Company.
- Ensure financial opportunities and risks are presented in the context of the company’s results and performance of shareholder returns. Ensure the financial impacts on Pendula’s financial performance are included in assessments of new business initiatives or market changes.
- Create and manage efficient and effective financial planning, monitoring and reporting processes.
- Safeguard company assets through development and implementation of controls and appropriate policies and procedures.
- Direct the design of financial reporting, billing systems and analytical systems to support management decision-making.
- Direct the development and implementation of accounting policies, programs, processes and systems to control and safeguard the organisation’s financial assets and provide complete and accurate financial information and records.
- Lead the financial functions so that financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet the organisation’s short and long-term business objectives and are conducted in accordance with regulations, accounting principles, and standards.
- Lead the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports.
- Lead the Tax function and direct activities that optimise tax amounts paid by the group.
- Lead and direct finance transactional services, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets & Project Accounting and Tax Processing, to achieve effective and efficient operations processes.
As our Head of Finance, you will
- Play a leadership role in the ongoing development and implementation of the Company Strategy.
- Drive and develop relationships across the business in order to understand business and information requirements.
- Ensure projects and implementation processes include appropriate change management and communication throughout the Company.
- Define and communicate clear guidelines for finance job requirements and department objectives and agree on these with the CEO.
- Follow company policies and procedures and perform other duties as reasonably expected.
- Take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace.
- Ensure that co-workers are treated respectfully and without any form of discrimination, harassment or victimisation.
What you will need
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Financial management and control experience.
- Ability to ‘self-start’’, asking questions and developing reporting solutions to understand underlying performance drivers.
- The ability to engage with and influence key stakeholders.
- Understanding of financial reporting requirements.
- Taxation knowledge and ability to manage the tax obligations of the group.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong systems skills including advanced excel.
Not required, but it would be great if you have
- CA/CPA qualification.
- Previous experience delivering growth in an early-stage business.
- SaaS Pricing modelling experience.
- Contract negotiations experience.
- Capital raising experience.
Does this sound like you? Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pendula are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Pendula will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Pendula.