Open Position: QA Engineer
How to apply: Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Pendula is empowering brands to shift their customer communications from broadcast to conversation. We allow everyday users to create two-way conversations with their customers using drag & drop functionality, without the need for any developer experience.
Pendula is here to be the heart of every customer conversation and create value for businesses all over the world who struggle to manage their customer journey consistently at scale.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. They will monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- You really dig web tech. You’ve been in the web technology sector for a while and you like it. Stuff that runs in a browser is what floats your boat.
- You’re driven. You’ve got superior organisational skills and you’re great at following through on tasks. Your integrity shines like a sunbeam.
- You’re most of the below. But not necessarily all of them. You like to learn, and you pick up new things quickly.
What you’ll do
The QA role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing
- Develop and apply testing processes to meet customer needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Security testing
- Documenting workarounds to current lower priority issues
- Manual pre and post-deployment smoke testing
- Co-ordinate testing resources from other parts of the business, if required
What you’ll need
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience with automated end-to-end / frontend testing would be cool but not strictly required (browser based tests, all other tests should be written by developers)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pendula are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Pendula will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Pendula.