Open Position: UX researcher
How to apply: Send your portfolio, CV and cover letter to email@example.com
An exciting opportunity 🚀
Pendula is empowering brands to shift their customer communications from broadcast to conversation. We allow everyday users to create two-way conversations with their customers using drag & drop functionality, without the need for any developer experience.
Pendula is here to be the heart of every customer conversation and create value for businesses all over the world who struggle to manage their customer journey consistently at scale.
Pendula is looking for our first UX researcher to be responsible for designing and conducting user research in Pendula. As one of the early members of our product team, this is an exciting opportunity to have an outsize influence on product design at Pendula, and work with our Head of Product & Design to cement user-centred research as a core element of our product growth strategy.
- You really dig web tech. You’ve been in the web technology sector for a while and you like it. Stuff that runs in a browser is what floats your boat.
- You’re driven. You’ve got superior organisational skills and you’re great at following through on tasks. Your integrity shines like a sunbeam.
- You’re curious. You need to know not only what makes people tick, but why. And how. And when…
- You’re most of the below. But not necessarily all of them. You like to learn, and you pick up new things quickly.
What you’ll do
As our first dedicated researcher, you will lay the groundwork for a consistent UX research program at Pendula. This includes (but is certainly not limited to):
- with design and product leadership to develop a user research strategy, including platform selection, study cadence, and methodology.
- with partners to understand the impact of user research on product strategy and measure the effectiveness of product features.
- with designers and engineers on research opportunities and best practices at various stages of the product development process.
Crafting and executing:
- user-research of all types, both generative and evaluative.
- UX research roadmaps and mixed-method studies.
- the end-to-end user research lifecycle, including a selection of methods that align with research questions and business goals.
- insights, results, and recommendations of research, to encourage a culture of informed, effective, and empathetic product design.
- the business impact of user research.
- an understanding of how to connect research outputs with the overall product roadmap and business strategy.
What you’ll need
- Experience with conducting foundational and exploratory user research, with a drive to identify opportunities for product innovation and helping shape medium- and long-term business and product strategy.
- Proven track record with all aspects of research, including study design, recruiting, facilitation, analysis, and reporting.
- Proven track record of producing high-quality outputs, such as research guides, reports, personas, user flows, user journey maps, prioritised usability issues, etc.
- Proven track record of the impact your research made on a company and product.
- Strong ability to creatively translate research findings into relevant insights for designers, product owners, and other stakeholders.
- Experience conducting evaluative user research investigations remotely/in-person/in the field (e.g. formative and summative usability testing, card sorting, tree testing, etc.)
- Excellent collaboration, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
How to apply
Send us your CV and a link to your portfolio (if you have one) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be a proud technologist, if so, why not show us what you do via github or StackOverflow. Alternatively, feel free to send us something that demonstrates your innovative streak and your suitability for the role.
Pendula are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Pendula will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Pendula.